11.21.16 | 5:55 PM
The November/December 2016 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on many of the questions the FAA commonly receives from the public, as well as how to interact more effectively with the agency. Areas of discussion include aviation rulemaking, airman rules and regulations, and pilot resources.
Feature Articles include:
• What is the Federal Register- Why is it Important? PDF P.10
• Out for Comments - Why does it Take So Long to Process a Rule? PDF P.12
• What if the Rule Doesn't Fit? - Exemptions, Waivers, Deviations, and Authorizations PDF P.14
• Who's in Charge? - Logging Pilot in Command Time PDF P.16
• Breaking Bad - What to Do When You See Someone Doing Something Wrong PDF P.20
• Safety in Numbers - Understanding the Parameters for Small UAS Operations PDF P.24
• Why Can't I Uber with my Airplane? - The Legalities of Ridesharing in the Skies PDF P.29
The link to the online edition is:
Produced by the editors, FAA Safety Briefing,
Address questions or comments to: SafetyBriefing@faa.gov.
Follow us on Twitter @FAASafetyBrief or https://twitter.com/FAASafetyBrief.